The Medicare open enrollment period is fast approaching! MAC, Inc., the Area Agency on Aging, is here to help you navigate the Medicare maze and pick out the prescription plan which best suits your needs.
MAC is offering a series of free Medicare open enrollment events throughout the Lower Shore, featuring one-on-one counseling with members of MAC’s State Health Insurance Program (SHIP). Open enrollment events begin Oct. 16.
Participants should bring their Medicare card and all medications in their original containers; do not bring lists of medications.
This open enrollment assistance is a free service and is open to anyone who needs help enrolling in a Medicare prescription plan, or updating their prescription plan.
Enrollment events will be available at MAC in Salisbury, from 9 a.m. to noon and from 1 to 3 p.m. on Fridays: Oct. 19 and 26; Nov. 9, 16 and 30; and Dec. 7.
In addition, open enrollment will be held at MAC from 9 a.m. to noon on Friday, Nov. 2, and from 1 to 3 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 20.
Other October open enrollment events, all from 1-3 p.m., include:
- Worcester County Library, Snow Hill branch, Tuesday, Oct. 16.
- Dorchester County Public Library, Cambridge branch, Thursday, Oct. 18;
- Somerset County Library, Princess Anne branch, Monday, Oct. 22;
- Dorchester County public Library, Hurlock branch, Tuesday, Oct. 23;
- Worcester County Library, Berlin Branch, Wednesday, Oct. 24;
- Worcester County Library, Ocean Pines Branch, Monday, Oct. 29; and
- Delmar VFW, Tuesday, Oct. 30.
Open enrollment events in November, all from 1-3 p.m., include:
- Wicomico Public Library, Pittsville branch, Monday, Nov. 5;
- Dorchester County Public Library, Cambridge, Tuesday, Nov. 13;
- Somerset County Library, Princess Anne branch, Thursday, Nov. 15;
- Corbin Memorial Library, Crisfield, Monday, Nov. 19;
- Worcester County Library, Pocomoke City branch, Monday, Nov. 26;
- Worcester County Library, Berlin branch, Tuesday, Nov. 27.
In addition, during December, an open enrollment event will be held from 1 to 3 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 4, at the Snow Hill branch of the Worcester County Library.
Registration will begin 30 minutes before the start of each enrollment event, and participants will be seen in the order of their arrival.
For more information, call 410-742-0505.