MAC’s Festival of Wreaths 2018
- Bring entries to the main reception desk at MAC between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 1; Friday, Nov. 2; and Monday, Nov. 5
- Wreaths will be on display in the main hallway at MAC during regular business hours (Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
PLEASE NOTE: MAC will be closed on Monday, Nov. 12, in honor of Veterans Day, and on
Thursday and Friday, Nov. 22 and 23, for Thanksgiving.
- Silent auction bidding will be open 8 a.m. Monday, Nov. 26, through noon on Thursday, Nov. 29
- Category winners and silent auction winners will be announced at a reception to be held at MAC on Thursday, Nov. 29, from 3:30 to 5 p.m.
- Wreaths must be picked up and paid for by 4 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 4.
First place winners and a runner-up will be chosen in each of five categories:
- Nature’s Bounty – Wreaths featuring natural materials
- Creative Recycling – Using recycled items or re-purposed materials
- Home Sweet Home – Traditional style wreaths using traditional decorations
- Artisan’s Flair – Wreaths created in a non-traditional style
- Children’s Creations – Any style holiday wreath created by children ages 14 and under
In addition, A Best in Show winner will be chosen by the event Gold Sponsors
Wreaths will be judged based on eye appeal, technicality and creativity.
First place winners in each category will receive a cash prize; runners-up will be awarded a ribbon.
- All entries should be original creations
- Finished wreaths should not exceed 24 inches in diameter, and weigh no more than 5 pounds.
- Please! No live wreaths or components that will wither and fall off during the month-long event
- No scented materials
- Wreaths should not contain electrical elements; battery-operated elements are acceptable, but will not be turned on each day
- All decorations must be secured to the wreath; MAC is not responsible for items that fall off or break
- All wreath entries become the property of MAC
- Only one prize per person will be awarded
Proceeds will benefit area homebound seniors living in the community, so they, too, may enjoy the upcoming holiday season.
For more information, call Valerie Wagner at 410-742-0505, ext. 112 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.