Proceeds will benefit services for area homebound seniors.
First place winners and a runner-up will be chosen in each of five categories:
- Nature's Bounty - Wreaths featuring natural materials
- Creative Recycling - Using recycled items or re-purposed materials
- Home Sweet Home - Traditional style wreaths using traditional decorations
- Artisan's Flair - Wreaths created in a non-traditional style
- Children's Creations - Any style holiday wreath created by children ages 14 and under
In addition, a Best in Show winner will be chosen
Wreaths will be judged based on eye appeal, technicality and creativity. First place winners will receive a cash prize; runners-up will be awarded a ribbon.
- All entries should be original creations
- Finished wreaths should not exceed 24 inches in diameter and weigh no more than 5 pounds
- Please! No live wreaths or components that will wither and fall off during the month long event
- No scented materials
- Wreaths should not contain electrical elements; battery-operated elements are acceptable, but will not be turned on each day
- All decorations must be secured to the wreath; MAC is not responsible for items that fall off or break
- All wreath entries become the property of MAC
- Only one prize per person will be awarded
Important Dates & Information
- Bring entries to the main reception desk at MAC between 9 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Entries accepted through Friday, Nov. 8.
- Wreaths will be on display in the main hallway at MAC. The public is welcome to view the wreaths Nov. 6-27, during regular business hours (Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
- PLEASE NOTE: MAC will be closed on Monday, Nov. 11, in honor of Veteran's Day, and on Thursday and Friday, Nov. 28 and 29, for Thanksgiving.
- Silent auction bidding will be open Monday, Dec. 2, through noon on Thursday, Dec. 5
- Category winners and silent auction winners will be announced at a reception to be held at MAC on Thursday, Dec. 5, from 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Wreaths must be picked up and paid for by 4 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 9